Saturday, January 21, 2017
Placing an Ad
WB reacts to government shutdown with humor, wit on Twitter
Op-Ed · October 04, 2013
Many people took out their government shutdown frustrations on Twitter. The shutdown includes the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum and Herbert Hoover National Historic Site.
Below are tweets by West Branch residents, or retweets by West Branch residents:
• nothing last forever....... including the government
• So are we renting out Air Force One now or...?
• Guys it’s not that we have “no government”, it’s just like, taking a mental health day.
• soooo no government = no tests...... right?
• No government means my dad might not get payed... Good going Obama! #yous---
• The government shut down? what does that even mean.
• Asking your history teacher about the government shutting down and he 1. Can’t answer your question 2. Doesn’t know what you’re talking bout
• Government’s shut down, not going to class tomorrow.
• Is the government shutdown a valid excuse to skip school tomorrow?
• I’m just saying that if you’re going to shut the govt. down that we should get to open it back up with all new people.
• The U.S federal government has shut down for the first time in 17 years. Thanks Obama.
• Obama reminded us yesterday that the gov is the nations largest employer. There is your problem America.
• Does the government shutdown mean we can start looting? Asking for a friend.
• MOVE THE GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN TO PAGE THREE. I’VE GOT SIXTEEN SHOTS OF SPIDER-MAN GETTING THE TAR WHIPPED OUT OF HIM BY DOCTOR OCTOPUS.
• “Make sure you keep a journal of all the websites you visit. We’re going to have to spy on ourselves for a few weeks.”
• No government means no rules. No rules!!!! (Put your shirt back on!) Okay there is one rule!
West Branch Times