Advertisement
View Our E-Edition
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
· Advanced Search About Us · Placing an Ad · Contact Us
Advertisement Small fire at Crestview
News · August 23, 2013


Some wiring burned and created smoke, prompting Crestview Nursing and Rehab to evacuate its tenants about 10:30 p.m. Monday.


West Branch Fire Chief Kevin Stoolman said an electric wheelchair was recharging in a maintenance room when the wiring started to burn.

The smoke was mainly contained to the maintenance room, and firefighters vented the smoke from the building, he said.

Stoolman said there was no damage to the building and no one was injured.

"The staff did an excellent job evacuating the building," the fire chief said.

Skyscraper Ad